- Less pain
- Shorter hospital stay and quicker return to daily activities when compared to traditional knee or hip replacement surgery
If you’re one of the millions of Americans suffering from pain caused by arthritis or an injury to the knee or hip, and you haven’t experienced relief with traditional treatment options, Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery may be right for you.
- Mako SmartRobotics™ is an innovative solution for many who are suffering from painful arthritis.
- It’s important to talk to your Lovelace Medical Group provider about the reason for your joint pain so you can understand the treatment options available to you. Pain from arthritis and joint degeneration can be constant, or come and go, occur with movement or after a period of rest, or be located in one spot or many parts of the body.
- It is common for patients to try medication and other conservative treatments to treat their knee or hip pain.
- If you haven’t experienced adequate relief with those treatment options, you may be a candidate for Mako SmartRobotics™ for Total Knee, Total Hip, or Partial Knee replacement.
Mako SmartRobotics™ uses 3D CT-based planning software so your surgeon knows more about your anatomy to create a personalized joint replacement surgical plan. This 3D model is used to preplan and assist your surgeon in performing your joint replacement procedure.
In the operating room, your surgeon follows your personalized surgical plan while preparing the bone for the implant.
- The surgeon guides Mako’s robotic arm within the predefined area, and Mako’s AccuStop™ technology helps the surgeon stay within the planned boundaries created with the personalized preoperative plan.
- By guiding your doctor during surgery, Mako’s AccuStop™ technology allows your surgeon to cut less by cutting precisely what’s planned to help protect your healthy bone.
- It’s important to understand that the surgery is performed by an orthopedic surgeon, who guides Mako’s robotic arm during the surgery to position the implant in the knee and hip joints. Mako SmartRobotics™ does not perform surgery, make decisions on its own or move without the surgeon guiding it.
- Mako SmartRobotics™ also allows your surgeon to make adjustments to your plan during surgery as needed.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, fill out the form on the right, or call 505.727.4430