Since 1985, Lovelace Westside Hospital has been committed to offering Rio Rancho and Westside residents the latest in technology and high-quality care. We are proud to be ranked as a Top Hospital for Patient Safety by Consumer Reports and to be the only hospital in New Mexico recognized as a Truven Health Analytics Top 100 Hospital.
In 2011, the hospital opened a new Birthing Center, which brought birthing services to Rio Rancho and the Westside of Albuquerque for the first time in 14 years. The unit features 24/7 anesthesiology coverage, an OB surgical suite for C-sections, and other state-of-the-art support.
Our 24-hour emergency department offers patients the ability to see a provider in 30 minutes or less, and also features four dedicated private rooms for children and their families.
We are proud to offer a 64-slice CT scanner, digital mammography and new MRI capability. We also feature a surgical and medical weight loss program, offering effective options for individuals whose weight increases the risk for health problems or causes a decreased quality of life.
Lovelace Westside Hospital offers the only Inpatient Pediatric Unit providing care to Rio Rancho and Albuquerque’s Westside. The Inpatient Pediatric Unit has coverage 24 hours a day, seven days week with skilled and compassionate nurses and specialists.
We are proud to be the only designated Pinwheel Champion in New Mexico by the Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care (IPFCC). Patient and family centered care is a mutual partnership between health care providers, patients and families. We will plan, deliver and evaluate your health care together so you can expect a safe and high quality hospital stay.
With a full range of medical and surgical services, you're going to love Lovelace Westside Hospital!
- Number of employees: 425
- Licensed beds: 80
- Inpatient admissions in 2018: 3,121
- Outpatient visits in 2018: 21,320
- Emergency Department visits in 2018: 24,846
- Surgical cases in 2018: 3,946
- Births in 2018: 498
- Bariatrics (Medical & Surgical Weight Loss)
- Children's Care Services
- Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Labor and Delivery / Family Birthing Center
- Hospital Services
- Intensive Care Unit
- Medical/Surgical Telemetry
- 24/7 emergency care
- Sleep Center
- Pediatric sleep studies
- Surgical Services
- Radiology Services
- 3D mammograms
- Bone density scans
- Nuclear Medicine
- Vascular Ultrasound
- “A” grade from Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade in 2017 and 2018
- HealthInsight Quality Award, 2018
- MOREOB Recognition Award for commitment and outstanding performance in the application of knowledge and teamwork through their involvement with the MOREOB quality improvement program, 2018
- Becker's Hospital Reviews 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare, 2016 and 2017
- Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work (2016, 2015, 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008). Ranked #17 in the nation among health care providers in 2016.
- Designated a Pinwheel Champion by the Institute for Patient-and-Family-Centered Care (IPFCC) in 2016
- Lovelace Bariatrics accredited as a Level 1 facility under the Bariatric Surgery Center Network Accreditation Program of the American College of Surgeons.
- Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Surgery from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico
- DNV Accredited