Lovelace Women's Hospital is New Mexico's first and only hospital dedicated to women's health.
Lovelace Women’s Hospital features a 53-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, 24/7 emergency department, 16 labor and delivery rooms, a 41-bed Mother-Baby unit, and a Maternal-Fetal Medicine program for high-risk pregnancies.
Additionally, the hospital is home to a Natural Birthing Center, where women who wish to have a more natural delivery can do so in a safe environment.
Lovelace Women's Hospital offers a comprehensive Breast Care Center, digital mammography, cardiology and gastroenterology services.
We also offer surgical services including the latest minimally invasive robotic surgery system – da Vinci Robotic Surgery – offering surgery with less pain, shorter hospital stays and faster recovery for many general surgery, gynecological and urological procedures.
Lovelace Women’s Hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare nationally for nine consecutive years.
- Number of employees: 758
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Beds: 53
- Licensed beds: 120
- Inpatient admissions in 2018: 6,976
- Outpatient visits in 2018: 62,389
- Emergency Department visits in 2018: 34,163
- Births in 2018: 2,743
- Surgical Cases in 2018: 5,962
- Labor and Delivery / Family Birthing Center
- High Risk OB Program
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Breast Care Center
- Surgical Services
- Hospital Services
- Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- 2018 MOREOB Recognition Award for commitment and outstanding performance in the application of knowledge and teamwork through their involvement with the MOREOB quality improvement program
- Recognized as a Baby-Friendly designated birth facility by Baby-Friendly USA, Inc., 2017
- Awarded 4 Stars from the Centers of medicare & Medicaid Services for July 2017
- Named a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery by Surgery Review Corporation 2017
- Named a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation 2017
- Named to Modern Healthcare’s 100 Best Places to Work since 2008, ranked #43 in 2016
- 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 Women's Choice Award for America's Best Breast Centers
- 2016, 2017 and 2018 Women's Choice Award for America's Best Hospitals for Patient Safety
- ACR Accreditation for Radiology
- Breast Care Center Recertified by National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- DNV Accredited
Lovelace Women's Hospital's strategic plan includes a focus on Quality in order to achieve the best healthcare outcomes for our patients. One of the goals under this strategic plan is to reduce Hospital Acquired Infections including C-Diff, MRSA, SSI Abd Hyst, SSI Colon, CLABSI, and CAUTI. These goals are established year-over-year to achieve our ultimate goal of zero Hospital Acquired Infections.