COVID-19 (coronavirus) is a dangerous virus that affects your body in many ways. It can drastically harm your cardiovascular, respiratory, and neurological functions.
Lovelace Health System’s Post-COVID Recovery Services help established patients who have had COVID-19 begin the recovery process. Our program uses a multidisciplinary treatment approach by evaluating your cardiovascular, respiratory, and neurological functions. The physicians of Lovelace Medical Group, New Mexico Heart Institute, and other healthcare experts will work together to create a complete plan of care to meet your specific needs.
A post-COVID recovery evaluation can help you if it has been 10 days since you tested positive or if you are 20 days if you were hospitalized, and you have any of the following symptoms:
Heart disease, including:
- Chest pain
- Feeling short of breath
- Feeling dizzy or light-headed
- Passing out or feeling like you might pass out
- Heart palpitations (feel like your heart is beating very fast, skipping beats or fluttering)
- Feeling very tired
- Feeling like you can’t do your normal activities
- You were told during your infection that you have a positive heart inflammatory biomarker (NT-Pro-BNP and/or troponin)
- You have a history of cardiovascular disease and are worried about how COVID-19 has affected your heart
- You are an athlete and worried about the effects of COVID-19 on your heart and if it will affect your ability to return to play
Lung disease, including:
- Hypoxemia or shortness of breath
Neurologic symptoms, including:
- Memory problems
- Difficulty with concentration
Patients will receive a complete phone screening evaluation for COVID-19 complications that affect the:
- Heart and cardiovascular system
- Lungs and respiratory system
- Brain and neurological system.
If you receive a positive screening, the Lovelace Care Concierge team will assist you in scheduling appointments with Lovelace Medical Group or New Mexico Heart Institute providers to address your specific health concerns.
Call 505.727.2727 to receive your screening today.