We all know how great a good night’s sleep makes us feel, and how groggy we feel if we don’t get enough shut eye. If you are continuously not getting quality sleep, you may have a sleep disorder.
A sleep disorder is a condition that impairs your ability to sleep or causes increased sleepiness during the day. Everyone can experience sleep problems from time to time, but if you are regularly experiencing sleep issues, you might not be getting proper sleep at night. Some common characteristics of sleep disorders include:
- You regularly experience difficulty sleeping.
- You are often tired during the day, even if you slept for at least seven hours the night before.
- You have a reduced or impaired ability to perform regular daytime activities.
- You fall asleep at inappropriate times.
- Your partner has told you that you snore loudly and sometimes seem to stop breathing.
Pay attention to your sleep habits. There are many ways to help diagnose sleep disorders. If you are experiencing sleep issues, please see your primary care provider for a referral to our state-of-the-art sleep center or call 727.2727 to schedule an appointment with a Lovelace Medical Group provider.