Heart healthy recipe of the week: Raspberry Jalapeño Chocolates.
These vegan chocolates are dairy, egg, soy and gluten-free. Dark chocolate contains antioxidants, and may improve blood flow and lower blood pressure.
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ fresh jalapeño, seeded and minced fine
- ⅓ cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons agave
- chocolate molds (found at craft store)
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate until smooth. Spoon a small amount into each mold, and using a small paintbrush, coat the mold completely. Place in refrigerator for 5 minutes or until chocolate has set. Remove from fridge, repeat – brushing another layer of chocolate to coat, making a thick layer of chocolate ‘shell’. Cool in refrigerator until set.
- Meanwhile, mash raspberries together with agave and finely minced jalapeño. Fill each mold with raspberry jalapeño filling, leaving room at the top to seal with more chocolate. Reheat remaining chocolate and fill each mold, covering the filling completely. Tap molds on counter to remove any bubbles, return to refrigerator to set.
Makes 12 chocolates.