Lovelace Westside Hospital
For over 30 years, Lovelace Westside Hospital has been committed to offering Rio Rancho and Westside residents the highest quality care.
Our 24-hour emergency department offers patients the ability to see a provider in about 30 minutes or less and also includes dedicated private rooms for our senior patients and for children.
Lovelace Westside Hospital offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient surgical capabilities such as Ear Nose and Throat (ENT), bariatric and orthopedic service lines.
We are also home to a state-of-the-art sleep center, providing diagnostic testing and a treatment program to improve the quality of your sleep.
We use a care team approach to engage and partner with patients and families to promote optimal outcomes. Patient-and family centered care is a mutual partnership between health care providers, patients and families. We will plan, deliver and evaluate your health care together so you can expect a safe and high quality hospital stay.
With a full range of medical and surgical services, you’re going to love Lovelace Westside Hospital.
- Number of employees: 425
- Licensed beds: 80
- Inpatient admissions in 2019: 3,638
- Outpatient visits in 2019: 27,079
- Emergency Department visits in 2019: 24,743
- Surgical cases in 2019: 4,030
- Births in 2019: 494
- Bariatrics (Medical & Surgical Weight Loss)
- Children's Care Services
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Hospital Services
- Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech-Language Pathyology
- Sleep Center
- Surgical Services
- Radiology Services
- 3D mammograms
- Bone density scans
- Nuclear Medicine
- Vascular Ultrasound
- “A” grade from Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, 2017-2019
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association “Get with the Guidelines” Stroke Silver
- Quality Achievement Award, 2020 - 2021
- Recognized as a Baby-Friendly® designated birth facility by Baby-Friendly USA, Inc., 2019
- Awarded 4 Stars from the Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2017-2019
- HealthInsight Quality Award, 2018
- MOREOB Recognition Award for commitment and outstanding performance in the application of knowledge and teamwork through their involvement with the MOREOB ™ quality improvement program, 2018
- Becker’s Hospital Reviews 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare, 2016 - 2017
- Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Surgery ® from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico
- Lovelace Bariatrics accredited as a Level 1 facility under the Bariatric Surgery Center Network Accreditation Program of the American College of Surgeons
- Comprehensive Center by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program, 2019
- Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work (2016, 2015, 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008)
- DNV Accredited
Lovelace Westside Hospital's strategic plan includes a focus on Quality in order to achieve the best healthcare outcomes for our patients. One of the goals under this strategic plan is to reduce Hospital Acquired Infections including C-Diff, MRSA, SSI Abd Hyst, SSI Colon, CLABSI, and CAUTI. These goals are established year-over-year to achieve our ultimate goal of zero Hospital Acquired Infections.
Lovelace Westside Hospital is working towards improving our culture of safety for our patients, families and staff.