Lovelace Regional Hospital’s radiology department offers same-day and next-day appointments for many services, including MRI, X-ray, ultrasound and more.
Take the time out of scheduling and see us for a walk-in CT scan with our new 80-slice CT scanner, offering faster scan times, more capacity for increased comfort, less exposure to radiation and better image quality. All you will need is a doctor’s order and preauthorization, if your insurance plan requires it.
In most cases, we are able to send your doctor your results in the same day.* Our goal is to provide same day service, same day results, and the same exceptional care.
Lovelace Regional Hospital now offers sedation MRI services and pediatric sedation MRI.
For patients who experience claustrophobia or claustrophobic symptoms, an MRI can present a real challenge. Sedation MRI is a simple procedure where patients are given a sedative that will allow them to be more calm and relaxed during the MRI procedure. Patients are given an intravenous sedative through the arm. This is a short acting medicine used to make you drowsy. You may be asleep, but you will wake up with ease when the nurse or technologist speaks to you. Once the sedative has taken affect, patients are placed in the MRI scanner for their exam. Patients are fully monitored during and after the examination. Now, both adults and children can benefit from this service with our new pediatric sedation MRI services.
Our radiology services include:
- Vascular imaging
- Interventional radiology
- Cardiac echo
- Pediatric cardiac echo
- Sedation MRI
- Pediatric sedation MRI
- Walk-in CT scans with an 80-slice CT scanner
- HeartScan Package, a screening tool for heart disease
- The HeartScan package is $149 and includes: HeartScan CT, EKG, lipid profile, Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD) screening, Body Mass Index (BMI), blood pressure check and nurse counseling.
- This is ideal for men 45 and older an women 50 and older who have conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, family history of heart disease or diabetes.
- Call 575.625.3371 to schedule your appointment.
Our radiology department is open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Call 575.625.3338 for more information.
*For exams occurring after 2 p.m., results will be faxed back to your doctor before 10 a.m. the next day.