Lovelace Women's Hospital
Lovelace Women's Hospital is New Mexico's first and only hospital dedicated to women's health.
Lovelace Women’s Hospital features a 53-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, 24/7 emergency department, 16 labor and delivery rooms, a 41-bed Mother-Baby unit, and a Maternal-Fetal Medicine program for high-risk pregnancies.
Additionally, the hospital is home to a Natural Birthing Center, where women who wish to have a more natural delivery can do so in a safe environment.
Lovelace Women's Hospital offers a comprehensive Breast Care Center, digital mammography, cardiology and gastroenterology services.
We also offer surgical services. With the latest surgical technology, our team of renowned general surgeons offer a variety of innovative services and programs:
- Center of Excellence for Robotic Surgery for over four years through a worldwide accrediting body
- Special expertise in robotic hernia surgery, including complex ventral hernia repair requiring abdominal wall re-construction
- An Epicenter Site for minimally invasive daVinci™ Robotic Surgery, which offers surgery with less pain, shorter hospital stays and faster recovery for many general surgery, gynecological and urological procedures
- The first procedure in New Mexico of its kind - Enterra™ - a neurostimulator implanted robotically in the stomach to treat chronic, intractable gastroparesis to improve a patient's life
- This fall, offering robotic bypass surgery to a targeted patient market
Lovelace Women’s Hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare nationally for nine consecutive years.
- Number of employees in 2020: 752
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Beds in 2020: 53
- Licensed beds in 2020: 120
- Inpatient admissions in 2020: 7,089
- Outpatient visits in 2020: 102,281
- Emergency Department visits in 2020: 22,468
- Births in 2020: 2,988
- Surgical Cases in 2020: 6,026
- Labor and Delivery / Family Birthing Center
- High Risk OB Program
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Breast Care Center
- Surgical Services
- Hospital Services
- Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant® (IBCLC) Care Award, 2020
- “A” grade from Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, 2019-2021
- Healthgrades 2020 Specialty Excellence Awards: Pulmonology Care Excellence, 2020; Patient Safety Excellence, 2018
- New Mexico Hospital Association/American Hospital Association Quest for Excellence Award, 2019
- American College of Surgeons, National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, 2019
- 2018 MOREOB Recognition Award for commitment and outstanding performance in the application of knowledge and teamwork through their involvement with the MOREOB ™ quality improvement program
- Recognized as a Baby-Friendly® designated birth facility by Baby-Friendly USA, Inc., 2017
- Awarded 4 Stars from the Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services for July 2017
- Named a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation, 2017
- Named a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation, 2017
- Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Breast Centers, 2015 - 2021
- Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Hospitals for Patient Safety, 2016 - 2019
- Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics, 2021
- Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Mammogram Imaging Center, 2021
- Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare, 2008-2017, 2019
- ACR Accreditation for Radiology
- Breast Care Center Recertified by National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
Lovelace Women's Hospital's strategic plan includes a focus on Quality in order to achieve the best healthcare outcomes for our patients. One of the goals under this strategic plan is to reduce Hospital Acquired Infections including C-Diff, MRSA, SSI Abd Hyst, SSI Colon, CLABSI, and CAUTI. These goals are established year-over-year to achieve our ultimate goal of zero Hospital Acquired Infections.
Click on a Doctor to View More Information