Lovelace Women's Hospital
Lovelace Women's Hospital is New Mexico's first and only hospital dedicated to women's health.
Lovelace Women’s Hospital features a 53-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, 24/7 emergency department, 16 labor and delivery rooms, a 41-bed Mother-Baby unit, and a Maternal-Fetal Medicine program for high-risk pregnancies.
Additionally, the hospital is home to a Natural Birthing Center, where women who wish to have a more natural delivery can do so in a safe environment.
Lovelace Women's Hospital offers a comprehensive Breast Care Center, digital mammography, cardiology and gastroenterology services.
We also offer surgical services. With the latest surgical technology, our team of renowned general surgeons offer a variety of innovative services and programs:
- Center of Excellence for Robotic Surgery for over four years through a worldwide accrediting body
- Special expertise in robotic hernia surgery, including complex ventral hernia repair requiring abdominal wall re-construction
- An Epicenter Site for minimally invasive daVinci™ Robotic Surgery, which offers surgery with less pain, shorter hospital stays and faster recovery for many general surgery, gynecological and urological procedures
Lovelace Women’s Hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare nationally for nine consecutive years.
- Number of employees in 2020: 752
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Beds in 2020: 53
- Licensed beds in 2020: 120
- Inpatient admissions in 2020: 7,089
- Outpatient visits in 2020: 102,281
- Emergency Department visits in 2020: 22,468
- Births in 2020: 2,988
- Surgical Cases in 2020: 6,026
- Labor and Delivery / Family Birthing Center
- High Risk OB Program
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Breast Care Center
- Surgical Services
- Hospital Services
- Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant® (IBCLC) Care Award, 2020
- “A” grade from Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, 2019-2021
- New Mexico Hospital Association Caring for Caregivers Award, 2021
- Healthgrades 2020 Specialty Excellence Awards: Pulmonology Care Excellence, 2020; Patient Safety Excellence, 2018
- New Mexico Hospital Association/American Hospital Association Quest for Excellence Award, 2019
- American College of Surgeons, National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, 2019
- 2018 MOREOB Recognition Award for commitment and outstanding performance in the application of knowledge and teamwork through their involvement with the MOREOB ™ quality improvement program
- Recognized as a Baby-Friendly® designated birth facility by Baby-Friendly USA, Inc., 2017
- Awarded 4 Stars from the Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services for July 2017
- Named a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation, 2017
- Named a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation, 2017
- Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Breast Centers, 2015 - 2021
- Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Hospitals for Patient Safety, 2016 - 2019
- Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics, 2021
- Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Mammogram Imaging Center, 2021
- Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare, 2008-2017, 2019
- ACR Accreditation for Radiology
- Breast Care Center Recertified by National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
Lovelace Women's Hospital's strategic plan includes a focus on Quality in order to achieve the best healthcare outcomes for our patients. One of the goals under this strategic plan is to reduce Hospital Acquired Infections including C-Diff, MRSA, SSI Abd Hyst, SSI Colon, CLABSI, and CAUTI. These goals are established year-over-year to achieve our ultimate goal of zero Hospital Acquired Infections.