It’s that time of year again! Schools will soon be back in session. Lovelace would like to remind parents that encouraging healthy habits is a great way to support your child’s health in preparation for the new school year. Susan Myzer, CPNP- PC is a certified pediatric nurse practitioner with Lovelace Medical Group. She has over 27 years of experience, and shares her top back-to-school tips for parents to help prepare children:
- Schedule necessary physicals and update your child’s immunizations before the new school year.
- Encourage your child to read as well as to stay active now and throughout the school year.
- Never allow your child to leave the house without sunscreen.
- If your child is planning on riding a bicycle, make sure he or she is wearing a helmet.
- Encourage your child to enjoy the summer and to disconnect from the TV, phone and internet.
- Push your child’s water intake and always remind your child that water is the most important drink of all.
Schedule your child’s back-to-school physicals or wellness checkups today. Lovelace Medical Group is now offering pediatric services at our Coors/Rio Bravo location (Las Estancias). Call 505.727.2727 to schedule a same day or next day pediatric appointment.